Final Days in Maui


Maui was an experience that I would have to rank up there with seeing my son born, getting my first book published, and falling in love. It was exilerating on many levels.

We took a luxury catamaran out toward the world class Molokini island one morning, but it was too windy for us to approach the reef. Instead our captain took us close to our own beach where we were staying, to a place called "Turtle Town"

Victoria and I spent the entire amount of time alotted- snorkling over the reefs. They had to send someone out to get us, as most of the patrons couldn't swim for more than ten-minutes. I think we were out there for over an hour.

The turtles were a mystic and spiritual encounter all on their own. I remember searching for them on the sand maybe twenty or thirty-feet below me. There would be three or four you could see easily in the aqua-velvet liquid, and behold, there would be one floating right next to me- greener than spring grass.

They were like little gurus or yogis the way they would slowly come up to you, and peer into your soul. I thought of all the great things Master Ugway said.

Valentine is a spiritual leader and Maui icon of sorts. I met him on our first night, and he became a close friend to us immediately. He shared a vibrant and charitable energy with us, and even took us near Kuluhei to a doctor who gave us a back adjustment. That is just the kind of guy he is, much like Victoria. I have been blessed to be surrounded by such strong products of God and his Universe.

Maui is noted for having more rainbows than any place in the world. I will never forget the two I saw.

Aloha Maui

Comments

Popular Posts