ALASKA

Alaska:
I have always been a fan of Jack London. Although I spent much of the last seven days on a cruise ship, I did have the opportunity to do some random offshore excursions that revealed some of the inspiration this writer may have experienced. I kept taking notes for a new novel, and writing lyrics for “Stones & Stars”, but every time I settled in my cabin at night I passed out from over-excursion…that and a daily gorging of cruise food.
I was perplexed at the fjords we channeled through, and was mesmerized by spaghetti waterfalls cascading down arctic rainforest monoliths.
We made a journey into a glacier bay, but due to global warming it was quite dangerous for us to get close to the actual glacier because of random icebergs floating about mischievously. It was an impressive ancient piece of ice to look at, and doing it from a luxury dining room and having dinner with Victoria Wynn was even more inspiring.
On our way out form the fjords, I sat in a hot tub near the front of the ship. The mountains dwarfed the ship on each side. It was a great experience sitting in perfectly warm water drifting through subarctic passes. I found it strange that I was the only one out there. It was like I had the whole ship to myself. I am looking forward to infusing some of the dreams and visions I experienced on this journey into the “Stones & Stars” music machine.
I hope to have a new novel started by August. No idea what this story will be, but I already know it will be something wild. Thank you to all my family and friends that have made my creative aspirations come to life.

Comments

Popular Posts